Preventing and minimising risk of injuries & maximising pefrformance
This site and its material, the workshops and on-line workshops are created for professionals in the fields of: medicine, rehabilitation, healthcare, movement, exercise, coaching, manual therapy…
To be able function successfully specially in the long term, quality and dosage of the movement and exercise are critical factors.
Movement is not always medicine, but it can be – if there is appropriate quality and dosage!
Quite a big portion of musculoskeletal problems arise from habitual movement and posture, specially if we top that up with the problematic dosage of the movement – to the lack of movement and on the otherhand to the overuse of the movement.
Quality of the movement plays big role in recurring MSK problems, because in our sickcare system the main focus is still in the structural injury of the tissue and the cause of that is neglected. The cause is quite often lack of quality in the movement, not always nor alone, but it still plays major role.
Funny thing is that same areas that are overloaded, having increased risk of an injury, are also leaking the performance due to the proportionate length of tissues, their ability to shear against eachother and their ability to activate & produce strength.
When you want to make sure that movement and exercise is medicine and maximises performance, join us to learn:
- Crucial factors of functional anatomy in practice
- Critical details of the exercise and foundational movement patterns for balance & optimization
- The effect of isolated detailes functional anatomy to global anatomy in practice of movement patterns and exrcise drills
- The effect of global functional anatomy to details of anatomy in practice of movement patterns and exercise drills
- Variability in movement strategies
- Movement assessment in context of the needs, in theory and in practice:
- Postural assessment for neutral stability for foundational movement patterns
- Movement assessment for neutral stability for foundational movement patterns
- Understanding of different movement strategies: 4D dynamic movement control
- Progressions & regressions from neutral stability towards 4D dynamic control in exercises
- Progressions & regressions from Local to Global exercises, in the context of myofascial continuities
- Merging in stability, control, mobility & flexibility and strength training to hit multiple training goals at once. Making this process of change as easy as possible for the client, for them to be as successful as possible.
From these workshops you’ll get a clear, easy to use practical tool for movement understanding, practical assessment and movement optimisation. Tool that is in the context of the needs for clients. A tool to prevent inujuries, minimise risk of injuries in training and daily living. Preventing the leakage of perfomance and then maximizing performance
Education consists of four workshops:
- Shoulder girdle
- Lower extremity
- Spine & abdomen
- Integration with functional taping for movement balance
HEALTH 4 PERFORMANCE: SHOULDER GIRDLE
In the shoulder girdle workshop the functional anatomy of glenohumeral joint, scapula and shoulder girdle in relation to cervicals and thorax is studied in detail. Focus is in the details that matter for the practice like: Postural and then movement assessment, ability to control, flexibility and mobility of the tissues and possible strength issues. How the previously mentioned issues are related to increased risk of injuries and loss of performance.
Focus in the practice is how to balance and optimise shoulder girdle posture and movement in foundational exercise and movement patterns, join us to learn:
- The crucial detailed anatomy in practice.
- 3D perspective to shouldr girdle on top of ribcage
- Functional understanding of the interplay with scapula and humerus in all planes of movement
- Myofascial interplay of soft detailed tissue locally and globally
- Postural and movement assessment for movement quality.
- How to create financially and timewise efficient yet simple postural and movement assessment?
- How to make assessment count to that exact client? How to assess what matters in the individuals life?
- How to transfer balanced posture in to optimized movement in pushing up, forward and down?
- How to transfer balanced posture in to optimized movement in pulling down and back?
- How to transfer balanced posture in to optimized movement from local exercise and movement in to global movement?
- How to transfer balanced posture in to optimized long leaver ballistic movements?
And most of all – how to motivate client to long-lasting process of change through assessment of the quality of the movement. To create situation where you don’t need to sell further appointments, but client wants to get more. While clients perceives how their movement patterns may be causing their head, neck, shoulder, upper back, or upper arm musculoskeletal pains and dysfunctions. The respect of the value of your knowledge in to their individual lives increases exponentially.
Workshop is part of Health4Performance education that consist of 4 workshops. Focus is to learn new tools for effective asessment and to ease movement teaching and increasing success rate in practice.
This Health4Performance education forms a solid continuation together with Anatomy Trains in Training workshop which focuses heavily in to the details of 4D-movement and its anatomy of neuro-myofascia and myofascial continuities in movement and context with the other systems in our body.
- No upcoming workshops